Friday, October 31, 2008

L-I-F-E

My brain is a mess of wondering/worrying/frustration/hoping. I don't want to be a hypochondriac, but I often wonder to what degree I struggle with anxiety. It comes an goes, but really gets my blood and emotions going. I didn't really want to look up signs, because I don't want to walk around the rest of my life, self-diagnosed, because then it'll be that much more likely to become true. So what do you do to deal. I mean there's the obvious... to pray, which I try. I guess I'm just frustrated that it's Friday, and I'm once again having a rough Friday, thankfully it's not the same junk. 
I am also frustrated from this week. It's a bit hard to explain, but ungratefulness has become a pet peeve. 

So how about to bring it up a notch. Thank our gracious Giver, I was able to get a scholarship to the YMCA. It's practically in my back yard, so it's an easy commute, and boy is that facility nice. The tour guide that I had, bless his heart, was so nice, and did such a great job helping me get the financial stuff all in place, and giving my tour he made the comment "... you know everyone's goal is to do better than yesterday" and you know I'm trying to make that my daily goal. I'm not going to the Y every day, but I do want to do better than yesterday. It was deep, even though he probably wasn't trying to make it deep. I guess I just think that way sometimes. 

I'm training to do a triathlon. I'm praying that not only I get in shape for it, (which I'm assuming I'll be able to complete-- it'll be a great chance to practice my consistency) but I'm also praying for a new bike. I'm really small, and so to find one that fits me is difficult as it is, but then to find one in my price range is a bit harder. So I know I've got like a  year until the one that I want to participate takes place, but that's something that will need major prayer over. 


No comments: