Friday, October 3, 2008

Blessings

I'm learning how to be less stubborn. 
I told a friend in an e-mail a few days ago that I was working on this, and she said: "I didn't know you were stubborn." Hmmm... if only people knew. 
I am stubborn. I don't like to be wrong, and when I am, I try to make excuses for it. I get it from my father. 

Today at work, I was breaking someone in the infant room, and boy, I never thought I'd be in there (I don't want babies!). But as the hour was passing, I was telling a new friend, Christy, as she was swaddling a baby, that I swaddle myself at night, because our house is cold, and its the best way to keep myself warm. (We live in a very old house that does not keep heat well) I wasn't thinking anything of it, because I have told what seems to be a hundred people about it. I mentioned to her that I would eventually need to get an electric blanket for this winter. 
I'm a bus driver, so I'm only in the building for half the day, and when I returned from my last bus run, she met me in one of the empty rooms. She said "Emma, close your eyes." I thought she had a baby dressed up really funny or something, but when she told me to open them, she had an electric blanket for me. I was a bit overwhelmed. (Christy just got married this past weekend) We got to talking about the blanket, and she mentioned that she felt as though she was so blessed by the money that she had been given for her wedding, that she wanted to use some of it to bless some people! Can you believe that??? She used her wedding money to buy me an electric blanket!!! I'm baffled. I had no words other than thank you. Talk about being selfless. I'm still in awe. I can't believe it. 

Thanks be to Jesus for creating people with the ability to have that kind of attitude, one that clearly mimics part of who He is. How great is our God? 

1 comment:

Jenna said...

That's so awesome, Emma.
God puts people in our lives and uses them in ways that we never expect or sometimes never even deserve.
I can't wait to play guitar w/you this week...and i'm soo glad i get to work with you.
YOU are such a blessing to me. :)