Thursday, October 2, 2008

How Great is Our God

I spent almost two hours last night worshiping with a friend down at the Boiler Room. It wast open worship, and there were two guitars. I didn't think I was going to last long, seeing as how I haven't played in some time, but once we got going, and people joined in, it was unstoppable. 
I've never thought I was amazing at something, and I still don't for the most part, but what I do know is that God can use something that you're "just okay" at, and use it in a powerful way to acknowledge him. 

So I've mentioned before that we've all got our struggles, and I won't detail out, but I keep up on a blog where other people who struggle with the same things that I do or have struggled with. It's a great place to anonymously confess, and get help. A verse that was left on someone's post was Hosea 2: 14-17

               "Therefore I am now going to allure her; I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her. There I will give back her vineyards, and will make the Valley of Achor a door of hope. There she will sing as in the days of her youth, as in the day she came up out of Egypt. "In that day," declares the LORD, "you will call me 'my husband'; you will no longer call me 'my master.' I will remove the names of the Baals from her lips, no longer will their names be invoked."

This is originally referring to Israel and the days of the desert wandering. I'm beginning more and more to like the idea of being in this desert. It's not going to be easy, but if it were easy, it wouldn't produce growth. 

No comments: