Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Where have I gone?


I used to be here. I used to be a part of your world, and you used to make me a part of everything. But I've been replaced. I've been replaced by dancing snowmen, pretty snowflakes, elves, candy canes, and the biggest of all you put your belief in a man who has the magic ability to bring you anything you want, if only you'll be good for the whole year. On that day when I was born, 2000 years ago, you are now excited to see what that imaginary man might bring you. You ignore the gift that I have offered you, not just once a year, but every day, and you forget what my life was. All I ask is that this year, you try to remember who I am, and not just for a day, but for the day after that, and the day after that... will you? Will you let me give you that gift, every day? 





1 comment:

Tammy Joy said...

yeah, i will. :)
you're right, em.