Monday, February 16, 2009

Day 1

Today was my first day on the job. 
For those of you who don't know, I got a job at Alexander Elementary as a parapro/librarian. 

My first day was an interesting one at that. I've never entered a school setting, for a job, in the middle. Even my student teaching was at the beginning of the year. So this was going to come as a shock to me, I already knew, but I didn't know that it was going to be that hard. No granted it could have been hard just because simply it was my first day. And I think tomorrow is going to have some more structure to it, but after evaluating my day, I really actually think I'm going to be more like 80% librarian and 20% parapro... throw in lunch lady/secretary as well! 
To say the least, I already love the staff there, and the kids that i did meet, were welcoming, I had one girl say "so you our new library teacher?" I said "I am" she goes: "Well then I wish you the best of luck." Small cozy school. 

Please, if you think of me pray for me, I'm going to have to use my brain now, as to where, it's been a while since I've had such a stimulating job. But I could use the prayer. Thank you!

No comments: